One of the most commonly asked questions by Civil Services aspirants is, how effective is the preparation through distance learning by subscribing to study material. Well, distance learning is one of the most popular methods of learning, across the globe. World’s best universities offer host of such courses in various streams for their international students.
Distance learning through study material is a boon for those aspirants who are located in far flung areas and are unable to go to cities to attend classes; there are many aspirants who are unable to afford financial burden of taking coaching; there are aspirants who have to work to support themselves and families and hence have a constraint to attend scheduled coaching. For all such aspirants, subscribing to study material is an excellent and affordable option.
In today’s times we are grappling with the problem of plenty in all spheres of life. Information overload is crippling minds and affecting decision making ability. If one googles something on the Net, it is unavoidable to get flooded with tons of information. And with so much information it is a herculean task to even decide what to read or watch first.
One of the drawbacks of preparing on your own is that one has to refer to multiple sources for preparing for Civil Services Exam (CSE) e.g. NCERT books, reference books, government publications, government reports etc. Referring to multiple sources leaves one with fragmented concepts and broken knowledge which doesn’t stick for long in memory. Also one needs to put in tremendous efforts to prepare notes which will have to be referred to by the aspirant before exams.
Rau’s IAS Study Circle’s Study Material compensates for all these requirements. It enables students to prepare well without having to look for content from multitude of resources thereby saving the effort and invaluable time of aspirants. It has been prepared from ground up by subject experts having years of experience behind them with an aim to comprehensively and in a focused manner impart relevant knowledge required to crack the civil services examination.
Our study material is also complimented with previous years’ question papers. The study material in all the subjects is available in English only. The entire module of GS papers (Prelims and Mains), Optional Subject paper, CSAT Paper and Essay paper is despatched in one lot. Any of these four modules can be subscribed to independently.
(a) General Studies (Prelims & Mains Combined)
(b) Optional Subjects
|Optional Subject (including both the Papers)||Subscription Fee (₹)||Postage Charges (₹)||Total Fee (₹)||Status|
|Political Science & Int. Relations||4,500||500||5,000||Under Revision|
(c) Prelims Paper II - CSAT
|Subject||Subscription Fee (₹)||Postage Charges (₹)||Total Fee (₹)|
|Prelims Paper II - CSAT (08 Books)||4,500||500||5,000|
(d) Essay Paper
- The study material is available only in English medium and can be purchased directly from any of the offices of the Study Circle against cash payment or by demand draft/pay order, on any working day between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- For students subscribing to General Studies study material, the Institute will create your student account on the RAU’s IAS learning platform – elearn.rauias.com to access
- Complementary subscription to FOCUS (Rau’s House Journal on Current Affairs Analysis)
- Complementary subscription to Prelims and Mains Compass Books for one year. These books are revisionary in nature and are released as per schedule one month before the conduct of respective exam.
- Please note that the study material is despatched by Registered Parcel/Speed Post within two working days of receiving the subscription fee and the Registration Form. Hence, the candidates may expect the study material in 4 – 6 days’ time, after it has been despatched by the Study Circle.
- The subscription fee for the Study Material is to be given in advance along with the Registration Form for Postal Guidance . Fee payment if made by a Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque should be in favour of “Rau’s IAS Study Circle”, payable at “New Delhi”.Please note that there is no provision for Cash on Delivery (COD). It can also be paid via Electronic Transfer (RTGS/NEFT). The Bank details for Electronic Transfer are as follows:
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Bank Address: GROUND FLOOR, O & H, DCM BUILDING, 16 BARAKHAMBA ROAD, NEW DELHI 110001
A/C Number: 50200044328957
Beneficiary Name: RAUS IAS STUDY CIRCLE
IFSC Code: HDFC0000708
In case of Electronic transfer, send a scanned copy of the receipt of transaction along with the filled up “Registration Form for Study Material” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund/Transfer of subscription fee after the purchase of study material is not permissible.
- Please note that the Study Circle will not be providing any reference books/ publications other than its own study
material as mentioned above.