MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS
Monthly critical analysis of current and contemporary issues.
APPLIED GS NOTES
For example, every current topic covers the central issue, background or context, problems, solutions, implications and the way forward.
MCQs & DESCRIPTIVE QUESTIONS
UPSC level questions based on current issues and editorials picked from diverse sources
Nothing exists in vacuum. Every issue also has a background without which we cannot understand it. Apart, all its dimensions are interconnected, so without understanding all the related information we cannot understand the news in its entirety. Focus covers all the news issues in depth, with proper backgrounds along with all the related dimensions. Its in-depth analysis makes it a one-stop solution for the Civil Services Exam covering every part of the syllabus.
Analysis is always simple. Focus simplifies all the issues hence it is always analytical.
It is to-the-point, examination oriented, crisp and lucid
Reading focus in a diligent manner ensures you have all the tools (analysis, facts and knowledge) to crack this Exam.
There are keywords, graphs, maps and mind maps which speak for topics themselves.
The concept of new focus is very helpful for me … especially,
- The way of drafting the issues, connecting it with past current and future aspects of the topic ..
- Inclusion of essay topics ,
- Inclusion of Ethics related moral issues ,
- The additional information provided for any current issue is helping a lot in understanding the issue ,
- The way issues are explained.. history-current scenario – impact – advantages-disadvantages- analysis everything together helps in better understanding,
- Practice questions whether it’s MCQs or Descriptive questions .. they are very helpful in self assessment ,
- Maps and figures are helping in retaining the issue for long . Visualisation helps in keeping the things in mind for long time
- Analysis of relevant articles from various newspapers for our studies are well explained for understanding purpose.
Focus is brought to you by subject specialists from diverse fields of education. They come from prominent institutions and universities – like IIT, TISS, DU, JNU; and possess Masters and PhDs in Social work, International Relations, Public Policy. Some have past work experience in government departments, NGOs, social sector etc.
Focuses and segregates both Factual and Analytical Aspects.
Bridges the gap between basic knowledge of the subjects and its application
It provides a conceptual understanding of all events preventing the need for direction less rotting and straining of the memory.
Systematic categorization of issues – syllabus wise – makes it easier for students to understand the nature of news and its relevancy in UPSC syllabus.
Focus helps its readers develop an impartial orientation towards facts and events with an immaculate approach.
Key words mentioned and mind map approach followed to design topics allow readers to revise issues in short span of time.
It provides diverse perspectives on a topic customized for Civil Services. All issues are In-depth, thoroughly researched and analysed using C3 approach.
Exhaustive coverage of Authentic sources:
Newspapers like The Hindu,
The Indian Express, Live Mint.
Magazines like Yojana, Kurukshthetra,
Science Reporter and EPW
Content is prepared by subject matter specialists.